Thursday, September 4, 2008

What A Day!

Hi Everybody

It started out raining in wee hrs. of the a.m. It rained ALL DAY! When we got to the 1st campground, where the guy on the phone said there would be plenty of sites after Labor Day, they were FULL!! Because Young was driving several hrs. in the rain on the xway, we decided to take Hwy 61 N. Bad decision!!! We encountered a railroad overpass in the middle of the downtown that read 11'8". Because we could not turn around or get out of there, I got out in thepouring rain and looked to see if I thought it was safe. I flagged Young forward and all "seemed" ok. He edged forward and we made it thru. I never heard anything scrape. .... About an hr. or so later, we stopped for fuel and went inside to get a Subway sand. to share. Young looked out the window and said " I think the air cond. is damaged". Great! We went out and he climbed up the rear ladder to check. Sure enough, the cover was ripped off and the air cond. is out of commission!!! I thought he would at least GROWL but he was a gem. Whew!

We are now settled in at a rv park near Waterloo, Iowa. At least I didn't meet my "waterloo"!!
Pray we have better days ahead of us.

Bye for now.
Patti

1 comment:

Kelly said...

OMG nice start!!! Are you going to get is fixed on this trip? At least you didn't take out the whole top of the trailor.