Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Mt. Rushmore---Custer State Park



Wow! Today was an awesome day for scenery. Went to Mt. Rushmore first. It is almost a "reverent" feeling to actually be there. Made me feel proud to be an American. Young said "I love it". I think cuz he was in the Army, it was extra special to him.

Ate lunch in a cute little town called Keystone. Had buffalo meat for the first time. It was a buffalo melt with mushr., onions, gr. peppers and melted cheese. Very yummy. The waitress told us not to miss the Needles Hwy. in Custer State Park. So, we headed that way after lunch. It was one of those SCARY drives that could end in going to heaven via leaving the hwy over the side. It was one of God's most beautiful places to see though. One place you had to go on a single lane rd. thru a "needle" of rock on both sides. The cars were backed up on both sides cuz a huge tour bus was almost stuck midway. Everybody was taking pics of the bus. I figured no one was going anywhere unless that busdriver made it thru. There wasn't much more room for the backup of vehicles. So, I started directing the guy thru. He finally made it and we all clapped.

Further down the rd. we met up with a buffalo. It was so close, I could have almost touched it when I took a pic out the window of the truck.

Looking forward to sending Young on a cowboy outing. He doesn't want to go without me but I am recouping from an awful bout with my allergies.

Bye for now.
Patti

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Wow mom very awesome!!!! Now Mount Rushmore is one thing I would love to see oneday. Pics turned out really cool. Go be a cow girl with dad!

sheree said...

so good to talk with you sis!. I agree with Kelly..go be a cowgirl with Gib! Glad you are having a great time and haven't killed each other yet! :o)
sher